SECSIME (Budget & Accounting Section)
- Processing of Disbursement Voucher(DV)
- Processing of Purchase Order, Job Order and Contract Service
- Preparation of Obligation Request and Status (ORS) for all Disbursement Vouchers, Contracts and Other Transactions
- Provide necessary financial services to the region.
- Ensure all financial transactions are in compliance with government rules and regulations.
- Ascertain that plans and programs are attained through sufficient and timely release of funds.
- Implement administrative and financial policies of the Region regarding allotments, expenditures and collections.
- Supervise and control disbursement transaction in the region.
- Provide assistance in the preparation and presentation of the Region’s budgetary estimates before administrative and legislative bodies.
- Prepare annual financial plans based on actual work plan of the Region.
- Provide technical assistance to subordinate budget units in the application and utilization of budgetary methods; as well as coordinate budgetary activities in the Region.
- Integrate the budgetary proposal of the Region for submission to proper bodies.
- Maintain basic and subsidiary accounting records and books of accounts to reflect accurate and current financial information required by existing auditing rules and regulations.
- Prepare and submit financial reports required by management and other pertinent agencies.
Planning and Management Division
- Planning Programming Section
- Monitoring and Evaluation Section
- Regional Information Communication Technology - Unit
- Direct formulation of long-term, medium-term and annual environment and natural resources development plans and policies guided by philosophy and mandate of the Department and approved Regional Development Plans.
- Integrate and recommend short, medium and long-term plans and programs of the Regional Office based on the Department’s mission, goals and targets.
- Coordinate with regional and local planning bodies to ensure the region’s plans and programs are aligned with the development priorities of the RDC and those of the local government units.
- Identify priority activities/projects in accordance with the DENR’s flagship/banner program thrusts for proper programming and allocation of resources.
- Monitor and evaluate the performance of all the units of the Regional Office to guide management in resolving issues/shortfalls.
- Design, develop and pilots the implementation of ENR database.
- Maintain and monitor the IT infrastructure and equipment of the regional office.
- Maintain and updates Information Systems implemented at the Region.
- Coordinate regional statistical data collection and reporting for planning, policy formulation and decision making.
- Develop and evaluate project proposals in coordination with concerned divisions.
- Perform other functions as may be assigned by the Regional Director/Assistant Regional Director.
Department of Environment and Natural Resources
February 3, 2017
The Department of Environment and Natural Resources (DENR), led by Usec. Sylvia Ordoñez, President-designate for the Natural Resources Development Corporation, conducted an ocular inspection of the Quezon City Engineered Sanitary Landfill in Payatas, Quezon City on Friday, February 3, 2017.
Joining Usec. Ordoñez are DENR-NCR Regional Director Lourdes C. Wagan, EMB-NCR Regional Director Vizminda Osorio, and Dir. Elsie Encarnacion of the Solid Waste Management Office (SWMO) of the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA).
The team inspected the facility and initiated talks on its possible conversion as an ecotourism destination, following the directives of DENR Secretary Gina Lopez to seek for biodiversity-friendly enterprises that would benefit the people. Sec. Lopez earlier raised concern about the proximity of the landfill to the La Mesa reservoir and asked the city government to close and rehabilitate the area.