Department of Environment and Natural Resources
National Capital Region
Metro South Field Office
🏠 DM Bldg., 23 Aldebaran Street, Barangay Zapote, Las Piñas City
☏ (02) 8252 8292
FIELD OFFICE PROFILE
The South Field Office
The South Metro Manila Field Office (SFO) is one of the four field offices established through the DENR Administrative Order No. 2019-02 issued by Secretary Roy A. Cimatu to bring the government closer to the people through focused and area-based operations, and to strengthen the monitoring and enforcement of environmental laws at the grassroots level.
Specifically, the SFO is tasked to:
- Implement DENR programs, projects, and activities within its area of jurisdiction;
- Coordinate with LGUs, other government agencies, non-government organizations, people’s organizations, and the academe in the implementation of ENR programs to ensure success;
- Strengthen alliance with other law enforcement agencies in the strict enforcement of relevant laws, policies, rules, and regulations;
- Conduct Communication, Education and Public Awareness (CEPA) campaign to elicit active participation of the community;
- Maintain and update ENR database information systems;
- Prepare plans and proposals in consultation with stakeholders; and
- Coordinate with the regional office on the conduct of performance audit, monitoring, and evaluation of the implementation of programs/projects/activities; and submit reports regularly to the regional office.
The SFO focuses its operation on the southern portion of Metro Manila with five (5) Local Government Units (LGU) under its jurisdiction, namely the cities of Las Piñas, Parañaque, Muntinlupa, and Taguig and the municipality of Pateros.
- Category: Field Offices
- Published: 24 February 2021